Maintenance of a velomobile requires regular inspections to ensure that it remains in good condition and runs smoothly. Here are some steps you can take to maintain your velomobile:
1) Clean your velomobile regularly: A clean velomobile not only looks good, but it also prevents rust, dirt and debris from accumulating and causing damage to your vehicle. Use a soft cloth or sponge to clean the exterior of your velomobile and avoid using harsh chemicals that can damage the paint and finish.
2) Check the tires: Check the tire pressure regularly and inflate them to the recommended pressure. Inspect the tires for any signs of wear, damage or punctures and replace them if necessary.
3) Lubricate the moving parts: Regularly lubricate the chain, derailleur and other moving parts to keep them running smoothly. Use a high-quality lubricant that is specifically designed for bicycles and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
4) Inspect the brakes: Check the brakes regularly to ensure that they are working properly. Look for signs of wear or damage and replace the brake pads if necessary.
5) Check the cables: Inspect the cables for any signs of wear or damage and replace them if necessary. Make sure the cables are properly adjusted so that the brakes and gears work correctly.
6) Store your velomobile properly: When you’re not using your velomobile, store it in a dry, cool place, where it is protected from the weather elements. This will help prevent rust and other damage.
By following these steps, you can keep your velomobile in good condition and ensure that it remains safe and reliable for years to come. If you want more information on how to maintain your velomobile, we made a dedicated page, check it HERE. If you’re not comfortable performing maintenance tasks yourself, take your velomobile to a qualified bike mechanic for professional service or to your nearest dealer.