Suitability for everyday use is a decisive factor when assessing a velomobile. The personal weighting of everyday characteristics is individual for each user, but based on our decades of experience with velomobile customers, we can judge very well which are the decisive characteristics in everyday life.
Of course, this includes the overall efficiency (aerodynamics and drive rigidity as already described in the last chapter), because it determines the radius of action, the average speed and the driving pleasure.
The everyday characteristics also include the following characteristics:
• Driving stability at high speeds, storms and cross-winds
• Full suspension as standard
• Convenient entry and exit
• Comfortable seating position even on long journeys
• Weather protection and ventilation
• Luggage transport and shopping
• Convertible mode with good contact with the environment and nature
• Good visibility also in front of the vehicle to be able to read the road
• Low maintenance and reliability of the entire technology
• Compactness of the vehicle
• Flexible and tool-free adjustment to different rider sizes
• And, existentially, of course, security, too, although we dedicate an extra chapter to this property.